Author Bio: Dr. Sanusi Umar MD is the author of this article.
Last Updated on July 13, 2021 by Dr Sanusi Umar MD
With the development of dermal fillers, it is now possible to achieve nose enhancement without surgery. In fact, many prospective patients of traditional surgical rhinoplasty are better served using a quick and safe nose filler. So just what is a non-surgical nose job? This non-invasive procedure uses an injectable gel to reshape the nose as desired by the patient. Also known as the “15-minute nose job”, the injection is low-risk and produces natural-looking results with no downtime, at a fraction of the surgery cost.
Nowadays, nose jobs don’t necessarily require surgery. This patient was not happy with the bump on her nasal bridge. She decided to have this fixed non-surgi…
Highlighted Benefits of NonSurgical Nose Job VS Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Quick procedure: Nonsurgical nose job by Dr. U takes 15-30 minute, while a surgical rhinoplasty would take hours
- Immediate Results: The result of a nonsurgical nose job by Dr. Umar is seen immediately in the clinic. A surgical rhinoplasty would take 6-9 months to manifest fully)
- Non-invasive: Non-surgical nose job is done by injecting dermal fillers while surgical rhinoplasty entails cutting tissue, breaking nasal bones, chiseling, and may involve implants
- Safe: Non-surgical nose job is a safe outpatient procedure, while surgical rhinoplasty with general anesthesia and intubation carries a lot of risk of morbidity and even death
- Low cost: Non-surgical nose job would cost <$1000 on average compared to surgical rhinoplasty, which can cost over $8500
- Minimal trauma and downtime: Non-surgical nose job carries less downtime often patients can return to work immediately, but surgical rhinoplasty has downtime that is several weeks to months
- Fewer complications: Very significant complications can occur with surgical rhinoplasty, including deformities, breathing problems, etc., all of which are not known complications of a nonsurgical nose job.
- No use of general anesthesia: Nonsurgical nose job does not require anesthesia. A surgical nose job requires general anesthesia and intubation typically.
- Natural-looking results
From planning to prep to recovery, you’ll find great freedom and flexibility in pursuing non-surgical rhinoplasty. Instead of losing weeks, or even months, suffering through a painful recovery and sacrificing hard-earned vacation time, you’ll be able to drive yourself to and from the procedure. You will immediately be able to return to your day afterward. If rhinoplasty is something you’ve been looking into for a special occasion, like a wedding, but you don’t have the time or finances for extensive surgery, dermal fillers may be the perfect solution. The procedure can be carried out between errands or even on a lunch hour. Minimally disruptive to your busy schedule, a nonsurgical nose job still has the power to produce highly satisfying cosmetic results for ideal candidates.
Ideal Candidates for Nose Enhancement without Surgery
The 15-minute nose job is ideal for those who wish to enhance or alter the shape of their nose due to:
- A bump on the bridge of the nose
- Depressions or divots in the exterior of the nose
- A concave or sloping nose
- A “flat” nose or short nose
- An asymmetrical nose bridge
- A drooping or “ski slope” nose tip
- Corrections, improvements, and revisions to a failed surgical rhinoplasty
- Testing a new look for your nose temporarily, before a permanent surgery
Those who are not candidates for nose enhancement without surgery desire significant changes to the cartilage or bone structure. This includes:
- Dramatic reduction in size
- Correction of a deviated septum or other breathing concerns
- Permanent reshaping
If you are uncertain whether you are an ideal candidate for nose reshaping using dermal fillers, please contact us for a free consultation. Oftentimes, what is perceived as a major imperfection–a large nose bump or a short nose, for example–is correctable using fillers, and plastic surgery is not needed. Filling the cavities above and below the bump adds height to the nose’s bridge, creating a smoother contour and the illusion of a smaller nose. The procedure can be used to make short-looking noses appear longer by adding height to the Radix–the section of the nose at eye level.
It is advisable to have a nonsurgical solution performed first to try out your new nose shape and be certain it suits you for those who will eventually pursue surgical correction or reshaping.
Studies on Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty
In 2020, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery published a report, The Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty, A Retrospective Review of 5000 Patients . Researchers found that these procedures were generally safe and positive in the hands of an experienced provider who understands nasal anatomy and facial aesthetics.
Another 2020 report published by Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery involved a systematic review of 4632 studies on non-surgical rhinoplasty. The authors noted the results performed on 1600 patients who either received calcium hydroxylapatite or hyaluronic acid. 95% were satisfied with their outcomes. and the authors only found 26 minor complicates. They did not find reports of necrosis, impaired vision, or other vascular complications.
Radiesse for 15 Minute Nose Job
The desire for a nose that meets your personal standards of beauty is now attainable through a quicker, safer, lower-cost, and far less traumatic option than surgical rhinoplasty. Nonsurgical nose job at Dr. U Skin Clinic uses Radiesse to enhance, reshape, and smooth the nose’s appearance.
Radiesse is a thick gel compound made up of calcium hydroxyapatite particles. These microscopic particles are found naturally in human bone and collagen tissue. By injecting this compound into the bridge of the nose, it acts as a scaffold beneath the skin, facilitating a structure or framework almost as firm as the bone itself. Its technology to repair and support structural, cosmetic concerns, rather than serving merely as a filling agent, makes Radiesse the optimal nose filler for non-surgical enhancement.
Scalpels and chisels produce irreversible contouring. Using Radiesse to achieve your personal desired aesthetic will yield a complementary and natural appearance without the risk of going “overboard.” You can expect a beautiful nose and the cosmetic confidence you seek, with more subtle results than surgery. This is due to the adaptability and versatility of Radiesse during the procedure. After injecting the gel, Dr. Umar can shape and adjust the substance before it “sets” to best suit your face and eyes’ shape. You will have a handheld mirror to watch the reshaping as it is being performed and will be able to communicate your ideal aesthetic directly with Dr. Umar.
Non-Surgical Nose Job Before and After
Radiesse versus Hyaluronic Acid Fillers for Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty
As you research the best ways to achieve nose enhancement without surgery, you will find many clinics that perform this procedure using hyaluronic acid fillers like Restylane, Juvederm, and Voluma. Hyaluronic acid fillers are comprised of a natural sugar compound found in our muscles, tendons, and joint fluid. This compound attracts and holds water molecules, thus hydrating and plumping the tissue volume where it is injected.
At Dr. U Skin Clinic, we find the biochemical makeup and density of Radiesse offers a superior consistency for reinforcing structural, cosmetic issues, like nose reshaping. The calcium hydroxyapatite particles in Radiesse enable it to do more than fill volume beneath the skin and actually mimic the anatomical integrity of bone and collagen. The differing chemical compounds in Radiesse are also metabolized slower by the body, causing the results of Radiesse to last three to four times longer than hyaluronic acid fillers.
Contours achieved using hyaluronic acid lose their shape much quicker. With Radiesse, patients can expect sharper and longer-lasting contrast.
We have Juvederm available for nonsurgical rhinoplasty, so if Juvederm is your filler of choice, we can accommodate your preference.
What the Procedure Entails
Your initial step is a free consultation with Dr. Umar, at which time you can address the results you wish to achieve and any concerns. During the procedure, Dr. Umar will first apply numbing cream or local anesthetic to minimize any pain from the injection. Once the Radiesse is beneath the skin, he will use his fingers to contour the gel into the shape you desire as you watch the procedure with a handheld mirror. The procedure is usually done in as little as 15 minutes. Results are visible immediately, and there is no downtime or aftercare to follow in most cases.
How Long Do the Results of Non-Surgical Nose Job Last?
Radiesse produces results lasting anywhere from 12 to 18 months, depending on how quickly your body breaks down and metabolizes the filler.
Some people view the temporary result of dermal fillers as a negative, but we at Dr. U Skin Clinic believe natural-looking cosmetic enhancements best complement and satisfy our patients. Yes, surgery produces a permanent outcome, but the risk factor is high, with potential mistakes and complications also being permanent in surgical rhinoplasty.
Non-Surgical Nose Job Patient Results Video:
Contact Dr. U Skin Clinic for a Free Consultation
At no cost to you, Dr. Umar offers a commitment-free consultation to increase your understanding of a nonsurgical nose job and discuss your desired cosmetic outcome.
Non-Surgical Nose Job – Frequently Asked Questions
Is Radiesse used for other procedures besides nose job?
Yes, Radiesse can be used for several non-invasive cosmetic procedures, including jowl lift, chin augmentation, cheek lift, and more. Please refer to our complete list of Radiesse procedures here.
Will there be bruising, swelling, or pain as a result of the procedure?
Pain and downtime are typically nominal. However, some patients will see bruising or swelling at the site of the injection post-procedure. This should subside in days or weeks and be treated with cold compresses to reduce swelling and decrease pain and bruising.
How long do Hyaluronic acid fillers last for a nonsurgical nose job?
Restylane lasts up to approximately 3 to 9 months, and Juvederm lasts approximately 6 to 9 months.
Have more questions that we didn’t answer above? Use the button below to ask Dr. U directly.
- Harb, Ayad F.R.C.S.Plast.; Brewster, Colin T. M.Res., M.R.C.S. The Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty: A Retrospective Review of 5000 Treatments, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery: March 2020 – Volume 145 – Issue 3
- Williams, Lauren C. B.A.; Kidwai, Sarah M. M.D.; Mehta, Karan M.D.; Kamel, George M.D.; Tepper, Oren M. M.D.; Rosenberg, Joshua D. M.D. Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty: A Systematic Review of Technique, Outcomes, and Complications, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery: July 2020 – Volume 146 – Issue 1 – p 41-51